First Look: Lee (EGW) Undersize Die - 45 ACP


*** WARNING *** - due to all the measurements and doing the same process across two presses, this is a LONG winded video...my specialty. This is my second attempt at making this video segment. After making the previous recording I realized that I should be measuring the base of the case and not the mouth, especially after flaring/belling will "normalize" all my measurements to about the same on my LnL. So, I start with unbagging the Lee (purchased from EGW) Undersize die in 45 ACP. Take some fired casing measurements and then run those cases through the LnL Lee carbide standard resizing/decapping die and then take measurements after that process. I do the same for running a couple of cases through the Lee Undersize die that I mounted on my LCT. At this point there are clearly differences between the measurements in the two dies at both the base of the case as well as the overall length (the "grew" a bit from the Undersize die resizing...but are still within spec). Then I take all four samples and bell, seat and crimp on my LnL. As you see, NONE of the rounds pass the go/no go test. So it's apparent, the undersize die does change case sizes between .001-.003"...but then running them through the LnL (minus the resize station) still produces a round that is unacceptable for the tolerances of a match barrel. The only way for me to get my rounds to seat correctly (and for the match barrel) in the go/no go gauge was to run the LnL finished rounds through my Lee FCD on my turret. So that was an interesting way to discover that I really didn't need the undersize die as I already have the solution in my Lee Factory Crimp Die (I just don't have enough room for that die on my LnL)!

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Nicole hispanic hardman

Handcuffs butthole isobel

Bigbutt dancer jandi